Schools On A Mission (SOAM)
After School Program
After School Program
In this 6 to 8-week before or after school program, children take action to help others, and learn the importance of compassion and giving. Our programs use fun and engaging project based learning that challenges students to think beyond themselves. Kids build their communication and leadership skills, as well as their confidence, while learning about people in need in their communities and around the world. Hands-on service projects, such as preparing food for homeless shelters and writing letters to orphans, allow kids to turn their compassion into action and make a real difference!
Program participants will –
- Go through various exercises to help them think beyond themselves, and consider how others may live in less fortunate circumstances
- Learn about the power of compassion and empathy, and how they can make a difference
- Experience working as a team to help others
- Participate in hands-on projects that will directly help kids in need
- Improve project management, goal-setting, public speaking and planning skills
- Gain valuable service experience, preparing them for service requirements in middle and high school
Our exciting and unique curriculum is inspiring kids from 1st to 12th grade and receiving rave reviews!
What students say –
“I liked that I could see my friends and have a better understanding about the less privileged.”
“I liked the service projects and how it makes us feel. I love knowing I touched some hearts and inspired people to do the same.”
What parents say –
“He loved everything about the class – the interaction, the blanket making, talking to other people via Skype, and just learning what else was going on in other places. I love that he appreciates what he has and he actually hopes to be able to help other kids.”
“This is a great opportunity for her to get out of her comfort zone and start thinking of real basic needs that children around the world are lacking. Great opportunity to feel the real happiness/satisfaction that comes out of it.”
For more information on how to bring this unique program to your school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.